 CAD / Development / 4350
4349  |  4351
Subject:
The geometry of minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:06:48 GMT

At what angle and point do the arm/shoulder of the minifig connect to
the torso?  What is the angle and offset of the bend of the minifig arm
and what is the angle of the hand with respect to the pin which connects
it to the arm?

I don't see how using the minifig parts (beyond using the figure
shortcut) is possible without having this information.  Still I can't
find this information anywhere.  Do I need to reverse-engineer the
minifig DAT files to find this out?  Like I had to do to find out the
angle of the "2904.DAT Technic Motorcycle Pivot"?

I'm sorry for reiterating this point, but I really think we need some
kind of knowledge database for this kind of information.  Without this
information, the LDraw parts database just isn't as useful as it could
have been.

What do you think?

(And can someone please answer my original question?)

Fredrik