 CAD / Development / 7150
Re: Digging up an old thread (was: The geometry of minifigs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:42:54 GMT

Tony Hafner wrote:
Has there been any discussion regarding redoing the arm parts to more
accurately model the real thing?  I'm very interested in having arms
with reasonably accurate geometry and useful rotation centers. The
rotation problem can be solved by putting the arms into subfiles.
This also solves the problem with the non-axial plane along which the
arm rotates.  But the arm parts simply aren't shaped like the real
things, and if you position them where they aren't partly inside the
torso then you have all kinds of flaws- gaps around the torso
shoulder holes, wide/high shoulders, and hands that still collide
with the torso and hips.

I have had thougt about this and I also think this is worth to be
taken over. But I don't have time to realize this. If no one has a
something against this you could make realistic arm parts.

CU Bernd