 CAD / Development / 3942
Re: LDraw to QuickTime was Re: Usefull little feature
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 08:32:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Karim Nassar writes:

Hmmm, so your program generates its own render code?  The examples on your site
look a little crunchy.  I can't tell, is it rendering transparent parts at all?
It looks like it is making them black. Since I tend to make trmendously complex
models, this may not be too usefull to me at this point...

I didn't know how transparency is coded for in a DAT file so I didn't write any
code to handle it--it would be simple enough to translate.

A lot of polygons fail to reflect light because I was not sure about surface
normals.

My program just writes a 3DMF metafile to be interpreted by QuickTime. QuickTime
ends up using the QuickDraw 3D software renderer in my case, but there are other
choices of renderer.

If you speak up about it, it may get fixed for you!!!

Also lacking is a nice drag-n-drop mechanism, or at least get file dialogs...
to use it you have to edit the variable at the top of the program.