 CAD / Development / 3941
Re: LDraw to QuickTime was Re: Usefull little feature
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 02:33:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Erik Olson writes:
I played with the QuickTime tools and my converter last night. The process • goes
like this:

Process a DAT file with LTrans.pl (my program) to get a .3dmf file (8k)
Use 3D Movie Maker on that to get a .mov file (8k)

My LTrans.pl still has many bugs (mostly in lighting, surface normal flips).
All these other tools can be found in the QuickTime Tools set and there is a
link to that on my LTrans.pl page.

Hmmm, so your program generates its own render code?  The examples on your site
look a little crunchy.  I can't tell, is it rendering transparent parts at all?
It looks like it is making them black. Since I tend to make trmendously complex
models, this may not be too usefull to me at this point...

Thanks for all your help.  I'll check it out and see if it works for me.

--Karim