 CAD / Development / 10154
Re: Parts editing made easy (well, easier)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:18:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Stefan Gustavson wrote:
   (I posted this to lugnet.cad toplevel, but considering the total lack of response, I decided to try it down here in .dev instead, where I got all that nice feedback for my last post.)

Hi Stefan, don’t get discouraged! I for one tried your converter (on a BBB part) here:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=5606

I’d be interested to hear what the parts authors have to say, since we can directly compare the original DAT (converted with ?) and the “new” DAT converted with your program. I’m not sure if there are still too many variables on my end (I probably didn’t use the same modeling software as Ben did, and I had to go from AutoCAD through MAX to get an ASE file - I didn’t model in MAX directly).

What do the files I translated look like in the viewers/renderers compared to Ben’s?

Darrell