 CAD / Development / 10017
Re: Mathematical assistance please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 21:31:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Ross Crawford wrote:

<snip>

  My mistake.... I am using 4-4cyls.dat.  rotating them to align them with the
S0-S1-S2 plane is what I don't know how to do.

It's hard work, but this page might help
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/RotationMatrix.html

Rosco,

  Thanks again.  I understand rotation matricies (to some degree), I just don't
know how to come up with the rotation angle needed to twist the 4-4cyls.dat into
the right position.

Could you transform the co-ordinate system so that one of it's axes is along the
centre-line of the 4-4cyls (in the plane S0-S1-S2), rotate it about that axis so
that the longest sise is in the plane, then transform the co-ord system back?

ROSCO