 CAD / Development / 10016
Re: Mathematical assistance please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 21:20:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Ross Crawford wrote:

<snip>

  My mistake.... I am using 4-4cyls.dat.  rotating them to align them with the
S0-S1-S2 plane is what I don't know how to do.

It's hard work, but this page might help
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/RotationMatrix.html

Rosco,

  Thanks again.  I understand rotation matricies (to some degree), I just don't
know how to come up with the rotation angle needed to twist the 4-4cyls.dat into
the right position.

  One reason to push forward on my original solution is because the same
knowledge can be used to manage the twist in electrical cables that are bent.

ROSCO

Kevin