 CAD / Development / *670 (-20)
  Re: Technic (Throwbot) Leg with Ball Joints

(...) I'm really happy to see that! Anyway, I just wanted to comment on the name of the parts: I understand that the theme called "Throwbot" in the US is called "Slizer" in Australia. Hence, perhaps we should use the "Slizer" name in LDraw, rather (...) (26 years ago, 14-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Technic (Throwbot) Leg with Ball Joints

I'm starting to work on the Throwbot/Slizer parts. If anyone wants to help, I can send DXF meshes of the parts as I start working on them. My goal is to get some medium-quality parts going first, then go back and add all the tiny details. -gyug (...) (26 years ago, 14-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  small ufo saucer hulls

is there any chance someone out there is working on the small ufo saucer sections as an ldraw part? please let me know...i need them (even in draft form) for a possible future project thanks ..joseph g (26 years ago, 14-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: what is wrong with my parts?

i don't know how else to put this, so i'll be blunt... in a word: Quality. it is apparent to me that you are trying for quantity in the amount of elements you have been churning out and throwing to the community... that isn't what we're after.. (...) (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Feature requests for LDraw/LEdit v. 2  [DAT]

(...) Yes, that would be useful. It's also absurd that an application would need to worry about that, since Linux can do that at the OS level. But, I havn't ported to Linux yet, so I don't have much room to complain. (...) A meta command to change (...) (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: what is wrong with my parts?

Jonathan, Don't get discouraged, get better! You have the basic skill for creating parts, and as you continue to accept constructive criticism you will master the more difficult skills. My first patterned parts were rejected, too, for the same (...) (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: real hard part

There are many very hard-to-render parts. I'd love to make those trees and bushes from the sixties... (Not the single-coloured Samsonite version, but the two- or threecolored European). But I guess that's just a dream. I get less and less spare time (...) (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  real hard part

i have discovered what i believe to be the hardest part to render in ldraw. it is the raised baselpate from 3117 scala fun at the pool. it iwould be very hard because it has such difficult curves. (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: what is wrong with my parts?

(...) I didn't want to get into the discussion about why your parts were not accepted because I don't even know which files were rejected but I think that people here are looking too much at the details. If you take a look at some of the Technic (...) (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Earls HouseHold wrote in message ... (...) Oh, yes, before I forget. Did anyone see which way harm went? I need to go there. Bravo Zulu Roy (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: what is wrong with my parts?

jonathan wilson wrote in message ... (...) switching (...) There are some of us who do appreciate your efforts. Where your parts fall short is that very lack of detail that the people who have been with LDraw from the beginning want and they (not (...) (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  what is wrong with my parts?

i just got word from terry that most of my parts did not get in... i can understand that my method of making patterned parts is wrong... BUT regarding my non patterned parts: i think that we should re-affrm the central purpose of ldraw: it is a (...) (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDLite 1.6 problem

nothing massive... but it appears that i am unable to enter a negative value in the X/Y offset settings texboxes... it will allow me to enter positive values, but it won't take a "-" sign (from either the numpad or the QWERTY number row.. if i enter (...) (26 years ago, 13-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Feature requests for LDraw/LEdit v. 2

(...) Good idea. To solve the 2d problem, you could have it hold down the primary (generally left) mouse button to move the piece left, right, forward, and back, and then hold the secondary (generally right) button to move it up and down in a (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: internal lighting(on lightsaber)

John Bauman skrev i meddelandet ... (...) tried (...) Yes, but you will probably have to fiddle a bit with the transparency and such. I made some lights for my Christmas Tree, you're welcome to take a look: (URL) me if you want the POV-file. (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Star Wars Elements

Steve Bliss wrote in message <36e41df1.21257934@l...et.com>... (...) Plow ahead. We're modelling the lego parts, not the exact pieces from the movies. Besides, they're not making any program to model the lego starwars rights. (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  internal lighting(on lightsaber)

Is it possible to make something internally lighted with pov + l3p? I tried putting a light.dat in the lightsaber blade(colored 34), but it didn't work . (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Feature requests for LDraw/LEdit v. 2

A few more ideas... 1. A little more rendering, so the parts look more realistic(not pov-ray quality, but so it looks great) 2. parts that automatically move(such as a continuosly waving hand on a mimifig) Basically, I'm trying to make this like (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Feature requests for LDraw/LEdit v. 2

Here are 5 ideas of mine (although I don't claim to be the first to have thought of them) for an upcoming LDraw/LEdit package, in what is most likely to be increasing order of difficulty to implement. 1) Support for a "virtual filesystem" such as (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  complete set of ice planet 2002 .dat files

i have put ldraw .dat files of every TLG ice planet 2002 set on my site, (URL) will need the raised baseplate from the update to view the ice station odyssey model there are also a large number of unofficial parts, ranging from fake elements to (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact