 CAD / Development / 662
Re: what is wrong with my parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 13:07:25 GMT

jonathan wilson wrote:

i examined the parts already in ldraw and discovered that the needs work parts
are all missing details that don't affect the use of the part and therefore can
be omitted, just like several of my parts (baseplate 32 x 32 raised with ramp
springs to mind). what makes my parts different from, say the crane hook. the
crane hook is missing details that are unessential to the use of the part in
models and so is my raised baseplate. why cold my raised baseplate not go in
with a needs work tag?

  I didn't want to get into the discussion about why your parts were not
accepted because I don't even know which files were rejected but I think
that people here are looking too much at the details. If you take a look
at some of the Technic gears that were created by James and were
official files for a long time (until another person finished them),
you'll see that they were *much* worse than some files in the vote
(would they even be on the voting ?). But I don't have many parts that
you created so if they were rejected because of serious problems then
it's completely different.

note that i am not putting you down but i get the impression that i am a
failure as a parts author and am seriosly thinking of giving up and switching
back to my red alert add-on, where my effort is appreciated. :(((((((((

  Please don't give up, you can be of great help to all of us. It's not
every day that someone start doing as many parts as you did.

Leonardo