 CAD / Development / 700
Re: what is wrong with my parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 15:14:34 GMT

Jonathan,

My view of releasing 'official' parts for LDraw is that it is both a
service to the online LEGO community, and it is an on-going memorial to
James Jessiman.

I have looked at a lot of James' parts, and there are many errors,
inaccuracies, and omissions.  But there is also an incredible level of
detail, accuracy, and consistency.  To properly honor his memory, we
should always strive to produce the best work we possibly can, and only
include very good parts in our updates.  Our work should always be at
least as good as James', and better when we possibly can.

Steve