 CAD / Development / *2825 (-20)
  Re: need advice on ldrawing the scattered stones castle wall corner

(...) The first step is to figure out the lines that make the edge of a stone. Then, use the points from the edge, and make triangle (or quads) to the center-point of the stone. Once you've got the stones filled in, draw quads from the edge-points (...) (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part number needed & New primitive submission  [DAT]

[discussion cut to lugnet.cad.dev] (...) Yes, I feel it is a reason to change the primitive (by removing two opposing end panels). You can easily add the needed panels to the frame area. (...) But when graphics primitives (in this case, I mean (...) (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDAO Runtime-error

I'm glad you figured out your situation. I will make a note to myself to remove this defect from the inliner. Steve (...) (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  parts that need stud.dat capitilised...

the bar 1 x 8 x 2 and dragon fire piece should have the stud.dat references made uppercase (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Picture references

(...) Not to overwhelm kl.net, but if a piece can be indentified in an old manual that has been scanned maybe a DB field could mention that. Doesn't have to be a direct link, but it might be a good common reference point. Mark (25 years ago, 31-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Revised Arched Latticed WIndow Pane  [DAT]

I renamed the primitive to box6nl.dat (since it has 6 faces). I revised the part so that now the rotational axis is aligned with the x-axis. This means that if you want to rotate the window once it has been placed in a model you will have to move it (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDAO Runtime-error

Oops, I guess I should have checked the code for the subpart before asking for help. A quite obvious problem. It was 0Author: It should have been 0 Author: I changed it and it know works fine. Sorry for the unnecessary post. Ryan ***...*** REPLY (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDAO Runtime-error

(...) just (...) National (...) I tried changing Digit Grouping Symbol from , to . but that didn't work. I also tried changin List Seperator from , to . but that didn't work. (and yes I did remember to APPLY :) Which exactly did you change? Thanks (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDAO Runtime-error

I have the same problem. In Win95, it was easy to correct; I just changed comma separator to a period in the Control Panel \ National Settings. In Win98, this didn' help. So first I simply zipped it and sent to Steve for inlining, but that's not a (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  need advice on ldrawing the scattered stones castle wall corner

can someone please give me some advice on how to do the scattered stones castle wall corner as i plant to attempt this part. i have looked at the other patterned castle wall parts and i cant figure out how they were made. can someone (the author, (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDAO Runtime-error

Could someone(preferably Steve) help me on this. I am making a model, but when I go to inline a particular piece I get this message: Run-time error'13': Type Mismatch I've never had this happen before. I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks Ryan (25 years ago, 31-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: POV-Ray Chain Program

(...) cool idea. (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  POV-Ray Chain Program

Hi All! I was surfing the web the other day and discovered a wonderful plug-in for POV-Ray that can create chains. Considering all the talk about hoses and a desire for the chain piece in Ldraw I thought it would be great if this programs ideas (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part number needed & New primitive submission

(...) Just so y'all know, I haven't heard back from Mindspring, Jacob, or Nordu.net in quite a few days. It appears there remains a problem :( -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 Get paid to surf the web! Visit: (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:379efb57.879462...net.com... (...) to (...) I have rethought my original decision on both of these. I realize the end quads will never be seen, but is that a reason to create a new (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:37a1b18d.756030...net.com... (...) but a (...) use (...) which (...) based (...) before (...) You missed my point. If the old primitives like box or box* have different dimensions you (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part number needed & New primitive submission

Thought experiment was very convincing. I'll redo the part so that the axis of rotation is around the x axis (I'll check the orientation of 30044 first to make sure the axis is correct). This way you'll only have to move the part in the y direction (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part number needed & New primitive submission

Hi Chris, Thanks for the link, unfortunately my ISP is Mindspring and I have never been able to link to ldraw.org. Tim is working on solving the problem. Could you send me a copy though. Thanks, Adam (...) from (...) the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: why is no-one saying anything about my parts?

(...) No one was saying you were. Also, no one is attacking your effort, because your effort and persistence are to be applauded. (...) I wasn't telling you _not_ to ask for help, but rather not to ask for help in the manner you have been using. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: why is no-one saying anything about my parts?

Jonathan, maybe we do need to try and respect your current attempts, but please try and follow some simple standards. I think that these are the biggest things that got people mad at you for 1. Don't post gobs of messages of .dats. If you just focus (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact