 CAD / Development / 2473
Re: need advice on ldrawing the scattered stones castle wall corner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 18:05:44 GMT

On Sat, 31 Jul 1999 05:05:49 GMT, Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com>
wrote:

can someone please give me some advice on how to do the scattered stones
castle wall corner as i plant to attempt this part. i have looked at the
other patterned castle wall parts and i cant figure out how they were
made. can someone (the author, perhaps) please tell me how they were
made so i can folow suit?

The first step is to figure out the lines that make the edge of a stone.

Then, use the points from the edge, and make triangle (or quads) to the
center-point of the stone.

Once you've got the stones filled in, draw quads from the edge-points of
one stone to the edge-points of the neighboring stone, to fill in the space
between those stones.

The draw quads from the outside edges of the 'stone group' to the edges of
the entire wall surface, to fill in the rest of the wall.

I would put the stones in one file and the background in a different file,
to make it easier to check that you haven't accidentally misdrawn a
background quad over a stone's area.

That's the approach I'd take, if I was going to make a piece like that.

Steve