 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6142
Re: Getting rif off the 8.3 nomenclature???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 00:37:15 GMT

   Whitespace in filenames has been supported by many Ldraw programs for quite a while, but it does not belong in the part library. Here’s one good reason why. It’ll break screen scraping peeron inventories. You need the whitespace delimiters for this to work because the filenames are not at the ends of the lines.

I just don’t want people confusing naming conventions in the part library with naming conventions in Linetype 1 part references. I was mostly replying to Kevin saying his applications choke on spaces in part references, which is something I’d would prefer they didn’t choke on.

Allen