 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6134
Re: Getting rif off the 8.3 nomenclature???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:35:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
I know that given the way LPub and LSynth are written and the language libraries
used, switching away from the 8.3 limitation represents a significant amount of
work.

This suprises me.  Can you elaborate on this?  If we in the LSC are going to
make an informed decision on this issue, understanding why this is the case with
LPub/LSynth would help us greatly.  I know all Win32 API calls work fine with
long filenames, and I had assumed that Delphi worked fine with them also. (LPub
is Delphi C++, right?)

--Travis

Travis it has to do with parsing.  For type 1 lines and 8.3 I can simply use
sscanf.

Kevin