 CAD / 9376
Re: Method for splitting quads with not coplanar vertices?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:08:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Lars C. Hassing writes:
In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager writes:
I had a little chat with carsten about the possibility to fix not coplanar
vertices automatically in LDDP.

I wouldn't bother too much.
I think it is an error if the four points of a quad do not lie in a plane.
Too bad that the LDraw format has a built-in possiblity of creating
degenerate quads.
POV e.g. uses 2D points to describe a polygon.

hang on for a second! does it mean that I don't have to fix this warnings?
looking at:

http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/l3pmsg/

a part with not coplanar vertices would get a "hold". so, which is the
"correct" way tho split such a quad? I'm still lookin' for the FORMULA"
could somebody give me any help whit this, please!

willy