 CAD / 8964
Re: Problem with PluginWheelGenerator 1.1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:23:30 GMT

Marek wrote:
I made some investigations (sorry for that)

Don't feel sorry, any help is welcome

and I found that your plugin
attempts to open PluginColors.txt file from directory LDraw\Models\Plugins.
Was it your intention? I should be rather Lddp\Plugins I suppose.
When I copied files to Ldraw\Models\Plugins, then PluginWheelGenerator
v.1.1.1 started working properly.

The plugin tries to read the files from \Plugins as a subfolder in
the current folder. The problem is determing the correct current folder.
Unfortunately there is no entry in the registry where LDDesignPad is
installed, else I would have used that. PluginWheelGenerator 1.1 and 1.1.1
do use the LDraw path settings from the registry, added by LDDesignPad.
PluginWheelGenerator 1.0 used it's own settings, and I wanted to get rid
of that in version 1.1.

How do other plugin creators determine the location of the plugin folder
(I use Delphi 3).

Niels