 CAD / 8939
Re: Problem with PluginWheelGenerator 1.1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:17:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Marek Idec writes:
In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp writes:
What version of LDDesignPad do you use?
I haven't tried the newest version myself, yet.

I use LDDesignPad version 1.3.0.0. I guess it's the newest one.
I'm still able to use older version of PluginWheelGenerator but I'm not
sure, what I lose using the old one instead of new one.

Marek

I couldn't wait until I get home at the end of the day, so I
I downloaded LDraw, LDDesignPad and PluginWheelGenerator and
installed these at my work to try figuring out what could be wrong.

I get the same error as you. I know the plugin works fine at home.
I took a look inside the dll (with a hex viewer), and bingo!
You spotted a developmentbug!

You are either the first who tried my plugin, or you are the first
who does not have LDDesignpad installed in C:\Lego\LDDPad.
(That's where I have installed it at home).
The problem is that I forgot to remove some code (I used to develop
the plugin) before releasing it. In stead of looking for the
PluginColors.txt and PluginWheelParts.txt files in the Plugins folder,
it looks for these files in C:\Lego\LDDPad\Plugins

I will fix the problem as soon as possible and upload the fixed version.
I quick workaround is to create the folder C:\Lego\LDDPad\Plugins
and copy the PluginColors.txt and PluginWheelParts.txt files to this
folder.

Niels