 CAD / 8413
Re: * LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.1 released *
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 12:12:13 GMT

If you want, I Like to give it a try. Have to download Builder Personal
of trial for it so let me know.

But I have one question. I think there's a serious memory problem in the
  Plugin_Info function. Because you give the result pointer (pchar) of
one of the local strings back to the caller. Except after termination of
the function those variables don't exist anymore. The pointer will still
point to it's former memory and will almost always stay useable, because
nothing else has used the data jet. But it's tricky stuff, was this
you're intention?

PS: none of the used units are necessary, remove the uses line to get a
17KB DLL whom does exactly the same :)

Roland

Carsten Schmitz wrote:

Hello!

To be honest: I can't  ;-).

But i think that you can translate the dll-headers to C++ without problem.
If they would be in C++ I would be able to translate them to Delphi ;). The
dll funcs are very plain and should be easy to call. They only tricky part
is the call-back funtion to LDDP but with a little Google Groups help I
think a C++ programmer can do it without problems.

Play well Carsten

I know this might be a streach, but is there any way you could provide a

C++

code sample?  It's no big deal if you can't but I think I know C++ better
than Delphi(Pascal).