 CAD / 781
Re: Two versions of the "Technic Axle Joiner"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:08:50 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 08:22:03 GMT, Fredrik Glöckner
<fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote:

jasper@janssen.dynip.com (Jasper Janssen) writes:

Sidenote: are the shifting parts of the gearbox, the ones that fit
over the axle-connector, available in any other sets?

Why, yes!  There is one in 8479 and two in 8480.

Cool.. I was gonna get an 8480 anyway, this makes it only more
necessary :)

I was thinking about either a 5 or 6 speed box w/reverse... I'd have
to design something for the lever, but that shouldn't be too hard,
especially considering I've got both the 8880 second model, and the
8480 by then too...

Jasper

I don't think you can do that with the 8880 ... now with the 8480, you can

take the two catch plates and seperate them by one stud, and then you have

a 6-speed option.

Hmmm ... looks like I have a weekend project ... :)

--
Lee Jorgensen, Programmer/Analyst - Bankoe Systems, Inc.
mailto://jorgensen@bankoe.moc  <-- reverse moc