 CAD / 782
Re: LEGO 3D software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 18:00:18 GMT

Laurentino Martins <lau@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:

Is there a chance that "we" are making all this effort to create 3D
models of the LEGO parts from scratch, using somewhat cumbersome
software to build them, and LEGO one of these days launches a
spectacular 3D software with all their parts and the possibility of
creating great 3D rendering animations of the parts fitting together,
among other things?

I ask this because I've seen it. :-)
All building instruction in the 8482 CyberMaster set are 3D ray-traced
animated, with all the parts drawn at the smallest detail, with super
smooth animations of all the parts fitting together. It's beautiful! :-)

Well, I guess if you're satisfied to wait for "someday" then maybe it
is a waste of time.

But some people are doing some incredible things NOW, with those
cumbersome home-grown software.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide