 CAD / 810
Re: Two versions of the "Technic Axle Joiner"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 22:50:51 GMT

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999 15:02:25 GMT, Lee Jorgensen <ljorgensen@uswest.net>
wrote:
Look in the Technica Registry ...
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/r_suspension.html
at the changeover plates for the 8880, and the 8480, you cannot just stack
three next to each other.

First, you couldn't use any of the 8880 parts.  That's specifically 4-position,

Only the white plate and the black stick are.

and the gears are placed in a way to thwart any possibility of 6 speeds.

That leaves the changeover plates from the 8480.  With just two of those
you have 4 speeds.  However if you split the changeover plates by 1 stud,
then you might be able to coax a 3rd gear set in there to allow 6 speeds.

I was actually thinking of making my owhn H-plate/stick combination.

Jasper