 CAD / 764
Re: Two versions of the "Technic Axle Joiner"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 07:14:01 GMT

Karim <knassar@mindspring.com> writes:

Hmmm I didn't know about that part... now i have to go back and sort
out any old ones i have :)

:-)  I just noticed, BTW, that the one I have which is the way Jessiman
drew it, is from the 8857 Street Chopper.

That's the oldest Technic set I have with an axle joiner, so I guess all
sets from 1993 and backwards have this version.  The 8880 is from 1994,
and has the new style axle joiner.

But I suspect my versions of the 8880 are from 1995, so I can't be sure.
My 8880's have the steering gear without the cross axle hole, just an
ordinary connector hole, which is a sign of a "new breed" 8880.  The one
pictured on the box is the old kind, with the cross axle hole in the
steering gear.

Fredrik