 CAD / 752
751  |  753
Subject:
Two versions of the "Technic Axle Joiner"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 09:06:24 GMT

Not long ago, Karim Nassar posted a note on the L-CAD mailing list
saying that the interior of the "6538 Technic Axle Joiner" was rotated
45° comparing with the original piece.  This is true.

On the other hand, I discovered yesterday that I have _two_ versions of
the "Technic Axle Joiner"; one which is the way Karim pointed out, and
has the number 6538 molded into it, and one which is the way Jessiman
drew it, but without any number on it.

So while the part 6538.DAT has an error, there does indeed exist a part
which looks like that.

Anyway, I also wanted to say that if the part 6538.DAT gets fixed, the
exterior should be rotated, not the interior.  This is because more
people will have used it to connect to an axle than between four studs,
thus the new version will conflict less with existing drawings that way.
Or so I guess, at least.

Fredrik
--
LEGO building contest going on right now.  Please view the model(s) and
submit your votes!

http://scooter.cwru.edu/