 CAD / 6884
Re: LDR - New LDraw File Extension
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 19:52:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Mike Walsh writes:
Don Heyse wrote in message:
[ ... snipped ... ]
How about just using .ldr?  Otherwise you Windows folks are going to
have to fight it out with Microsoft for the .mpd extension, and we
already know who'll win that battle.  :)  Microsoft registers .mpd
for Microsoft Project Documents.  Give it up now before it gets messy.

I thought Microsoft Project used .mpp for it's extensions.

Perhaps, but according to this page

  http://whatis.techtarget.com/fileFormatM/0,289951,sid9,00.html

(and regedit on my PC) Microsoft registers .mpp for the project files,
but it also registers .mpc for project calendar files, and .mpd for
project database files.  I suppose eventually they'll register ALL
three letter extensions for themselves whether they actually use them
or not, so I withdraw my suggestion.

Don