 CAD / 6859
Re: LDR - New LDraw File Extension
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 23:20:01 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote...
Programs such as L2P and L3P should still work with .ldr, I see no reason
why they shouldn't.

L3P accepts any extension.
The only special feature is, that if your model is called MODEL.DAT or MODEL.MPD
you can leave out the extension and just type "l3p MODEL".
This will of course also apply to MODEL.LDR from the next release of L3P.

Program authors should be prompt to make the switch in the next release of
their respective titles.  The default extension for opening files and
writing files should be .LDR, and there should be the option to open .DAT
files as well.

For L3Lab I was planning to make 3 lines in the filetype dropdownlist in the Open dialog:
   LDraw Models (*.ldr, *.mpd)    (the default)
   All LDraw Files (*.ldr, *.mpd, *.dat)
   All Files (*.*)
but I can see MLCad has these 4 lines:
   All Ldraw Files (*.ldr, *.dat, *.mpd)    (the default)
   Model Files (*.ldr, *.dat)
   Multipart Files (*.mpd)
   All Files (*.*)

I find that *.ldr and *.mpd belong together as the future extensions.
/Lars