 CAD / 679
  Re: Fun with hoses continued

Terry, I haven't seen any hose ends from you. Maybe you're waiting until I publish the spreadsheet to do them yourself. I'll probably continue testing until the middle of next week, then if I continue to get good results I'll publish the spreadsheet (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

(...) I thought I sent a reply through email, but that could have gotten messed up (geocities mail is screwed up) I don't have those original hose files I used. But I will extract the ends from the model dat file and send them to you. I'm the one (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

(...) But, how do the sphere-based hoses look rendered by LDraw and LDLite? Steve (25 years ago, 29-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

(...) to (...) There's the rub. I think by making the hose segments more realistic, I can improve the results in POV-Ray without losing the nice look in LDraw. -John Van (25 years ago, 29-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

(...) Well, if your hose-maker keeps the segments a constant distance apart, all that is needed is the spheres and then circles positioned where the spheres intersect. If the segment-to-segment distance varies, never mind. Keep doing what your (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

(...) Not _great_ but not too bad, especially in ldlite: (URL) I am sure that John can tweak the parts to improve the looks. -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 30-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

(...) Cool-o! Not quite perfectly perfectly perfect yet, but getting very very close!! Someday my Raptor can be modeled then? :) James Jessiman made these images about 4 years ago: (URL) worked from a couple scrawlings that I posted (the URLs of): (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

(...) Do you have the .dat file for it? (...) I have no idea. Not even sure what color code would approximate "beer yellow" And is said color before or after gastrointestinal processing? -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

(...) And the 1x2 tile printed control panel. (...) I'd be honored to, if no one else has been pre-honored. (...) I thought the proper name for this was 'clear-beer yellow'. Sure, it breaks the translucent color naming standard, but it sounds so (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

(...) Beer yellow is just another term for trans-yellow. It's pretty descriptive. Just use the regular clear yellow - color #46. It's the only trans-yellow game in town. Well, you could really get extreme, dig up an RGB value for the murky-beer (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

(...) If Todd doesn't have it already, you got a deal. Send me the file, and I'll hose it down for you. -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

(...) Ah yes, that too. And the two yellow tools that go into the clips on the very back. And I guess technically, the minifig. :) When was LDraw first released? This must've been right around that time... It's amazing how many elements James (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

(...) Hmm. There were part-files for those tools then. There's still no BT1 minifig. We could do a plain black torso, or a BT2 minifig. (...) I don't remember. The filedates in the download archive go back to mid-1996. But James had LDraw-stuff (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

(...) Were those clips on the back actually trans-yellow? Or just regular yellow? Steve (25 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

(...) Try 9326p52.dat Minifig Torso New with BTI Pattern. Has to be one of the most usefull patterned parts of all. -John Van (25 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

(...) Just regular opaque yellow -- it was a model built first from actual BT1 pieces, then drawn on paper, and then modeled in LDraw. (I didn't get a .DAT file from James.) I'm not sure about the trans-red 2x2 radar dishes on the front; the first (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

(...) Thanks for pointing this out. I just scanned my VEC, and I've got the parts rendered so small, I couldn't make out the torso patterns clearly enough. Would have made more sense to use Anders' part finder. Steve -- Just deleted all MF torso (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with hoses continued

hey john, what ever happened to you hose spreadsheet. i could really use it for some models i am making... (25 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)