 CAD / 710
Re: Fun with hoses continued
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 08:41:04 GMT

In article lugnet.cad, legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K) writes:
On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:30:01 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 07:51:22 GMT, legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K)
wrote:
I am interested in seeing how your version, using the hose pieces, compares to
what I did with the spheres.  Cause, in my opinion, those sphere hoses look
awful damn good.  Plus, there are no problems with aligning individual
segments.

But, how do the sphere-based hoses look rendered by LDraw and LDLite?

Steve

Not _great_ but not too bad, especially in ldlite:
http://hugin.risoe.dk/JJ_Memorial/bezier.html

But I am sure that John can tweak the parts to improve the looks.

Cool-o!  Not quite perfectly perfectly perfect yet, but getting very very
close!!

Someday my Raptor can be modeled then?  :)

James Jessiman made these images about 4 years ago:

   http://www.fibblesnork.com/lego/raptor/

He worked from a couple scrawlings that I posted (the URLs of):

   http://www.fibblesnork.com/lego/raptor/raptor-scrawl1.gif
   http://www.fibblesnork.com/lego/raptor/raptor-scrawl2.gif

Two things weren't available in LDraw at the time:  the sloped brick with
the Blacktron logo and the hoses.

BTW, looking at the date on the first scrawling, it seems that the model is
coming up on its 10th anniversary in a little less than 3 months.  Any
takers on finishing the work James started on it and also rendering it in
POV?

--Todd

p.s.  How do the hoses look in transparent beer yellow?  (See
http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/space/set/pic-6806-1.html
http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/space/set/pic-1968-1.html
for proof that these existed...  The connector ends are traditional
trans-beer-yellow and the hoses are murky translucent beer yellow --
not totally transparent but definitely not opaque either...  :)