 CAD / 716
Re: Fun with hoses continued
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 06:27:16 GMT

Todd Lehman writes:
Someday my Raptor can be modeled then?  :)

James Jessiman made these images about 4 years ago:

  http://www.fibblesnork.com/lego/raptor/

He worked from a couple scrawlings that I posted (the URLs of):

  http://www.fibblesnork.com/lego/raptor/raptor-scrawl1.gif
  http://www.fibblesnork.com/lego/raptor/raptor-scrawl2.gif

Two things weren't available in LDraw at the time:  the sloped brick with
the Blacktron logo and the hoses.

And the 1x2 tile printed control panel.

BTW, looking at the date on the first scrawling, it seems that the model is
coming up on its 10th anniversary in a little less than 3 months.  Any
takers on finishing the work James started on it and also rendering it in
POV?

I'd be honored to, if no one else has been pre-honored.

p.s.  How do the hoses look in transparent beer yellow?  (See
http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/space/set/pic-6806-1.html
http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/space/set/pic-1968-1.html
for proof that these existed...  The connector ends are traditional
trans-beer-yellow and the hoses are murky translucent beer yellow --
not totally transparent but definitely not opaque either...  :)

I thought the proper name for this was 'clear-beer yellow'.  Sure, it breaks
the translucent color naming standard, but it sounds so right.

Steve