 CAD / 5912
5911  |  5913
Subject:
ldglite 0.9.0 (now includes LEdit emulation mode)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 14:13:05 GMT

LdGLite version 0.9.0 in now available.

It now includes an LEdit emulation mode for those times when you just
can't resist moving some pieces around in a model.  There's no
PARTS.LST lookup yet.  I just use the printable parts catalog to find
the part numbers.  Right now there are two ways to move pieces around.
The Insert key turns on the LEdit emulation where the pieces move in
wireframe XOR mode similar to LEdit.  ALT-Insert turns on LEdit
emulation where the pieces remain solid while moving.  Either way,
pressing Insert again turns off the LEdit emulation.

If anyone actually ends up using this feature, I'd love some feedback.
Because OpenGL has lousy bitblt support without extensions, the speed
is a bit slow.  I did get some decent performance from a TNT board
with GL_KTX_buffer_region support though.  I haven't figured out yet
which MESA extensions could help, or how to load the extensions.

If you're curious I put a screenshot of the LEdit emulation mode in
action on the brickshelf.

Get it here:

http://ldglite.sourceforge.net

Have fun,