 CAD / 5986
Re: ldglite 0.9.1 (now with better LEdit emulation) err, maybe not...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 14:27:43 GMT

I guess I should clarify this.  The reason I'm asking for feedback is
because I'm certain there are bugs in the software.  The new LEdit
emulation mode is a lot of new code.  I need some help to find all the
problems.  Everyone has different hardware and does things a bit
differently and so they'll hit different bugs.  With your help, I can
find and fix them faster.  But only if I get useful information.

So here's my new standard disclaimer.  Ldglite 0.9.1 is BETA software
and should NOT be expected to function properly.  If you'd like to try
it out and help me eliminate the bugs I would greatly appreciate it.

This is the sort of information I'd really like to see:

I ran the linux version on my Pentium 266Mhz with 64K.  It worked fine
for 30 about seconds.  Then I started a comment line and typed in
30000 characters.  On the 30001th character, an 'E', it crashed with
an out of memory error.

When I run the program from a command prompt this is what it says:

[dheyse@localhost ldglite]$ ldglite -v3 -LEDIT
GL_VERSION = 1.2 Mesa 3.2.1
GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax
GL_EXT_blend_logic_op GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_packed_pixels
GL_EXT_paletted_texture GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_polygon_offset
GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture3D
GL_MESA_window_pos GL_MESA_resize_buffers
GL_EXT_shared_texture_palette GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_abgr
GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_stencil_wrap
GL_INGR_blend_func_separate GL_ARB_multitexture
GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_PGI_misc_hints GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint
GL_VENDOR ='Brian Paul'
GL_RENDERER ='Mesa X11'
GL_DEPTH_BITS = 16
Buffer Swap Mode = 3
Editing mode =  1{1}
(It prints a lot more debugging info right now, but that's the important part.)

Thanks, and sorry if I misled anyone.

Don