 CAD / 4498
  Tim visits the Model Shop (was: Re: The Artemis Project)

(...) So, what did he say about MLCad / LDraw? Did he make any comments comparing TLC's software to LCAD? Does he do stuff in MLCad because he enjoys it, or just as a matter of keeping aware of what's going on? (...) Drat! One thing I like about (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tim visits the Model Shop (was: Re: The Artemis Project)

(...) Because of the nature of his job, I think that he does it cause he enjoys it. He didn't comment much on the software, I dunno if that's because TLC is skittish about releasing opinions or not (I recall a couple years ago either I talked to or (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tim visits the Model Shop (was: Re: The Artemis Project)

(...) Actually they are aware of a lot of things, I know someone from TLC who tried LeoCAD. It's not a big surprise, if they know Lugnet then it's almost impossible not to know the CAD newsgroups too. (...) We could come up with a simple standard (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tim visits the Model Shop (was: Re: The Artemis Project)

(...) was (...) I can absolutely confirm that Legos Danish-to-English part name translations dont usually come out very well from my work on the Technic parts registry. It used to be that I tried very hard to get "official" Lego names for all of the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tim visits the Model Shop (was: Re: The Artemis Project)

(...) worms) - (...) interfacing (...) have (...) I seriously doubt that TLC would ever adopt our naming conventions - even if Tim Courtney asked them to. :-) (inside joke there) And I agree with Steve that it is highly unlikely, given past (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

"Terry K" <legoverse@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FzvL6F.Lop@lugnet.com... (...) if (...) ROFL :) BTW - so you can rest at night, no bricks which weren't mine were removed from the model shop yesterday. I brought some of mine in, and all of mine (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tim visits the Model Shop (was: Re: The Artemis Project)

(...) Having their names would be good but even better would be having all of the part numbers for all of the parts, including those really small ones where we dont currently have part numbers (like the minifig torsos for example) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tim visits the Model Shop (was: Re: The Artemis Project)

(...) Thanks for the backhanded vote of confidence. ;) Heck, *I* don't always agree with the LDraw names. But at least I almost always know where to look for parts. Steve (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tim visits the Model Shop (was: Re: The Artemis Project)

(...) Technically, there are a few ways we could approach it. But I don't have the time, or the interest, to really follow through on this right now. (...) I would not mind abandoning the current system -- if we were going to something better. But (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tim visits the Model Shop (was: Re: The Artemis Project)

(...) But it wouldn't be a 'two name' system -- it would be a multi-name system, because the 'official names' can change over time. The LDraw names can change occasionally, but it doesn't happen very often (there're usually a few with every part (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tim visits the Model Shop (was: Re: The Artemis Project)

(...) Yes, but what *form* did your bricks take before leaving? Nothing top-secret, I presume? ;-) LOL -- that would rock, James Bond passing coded messages as Lego models... Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)