 CAD / 3589
Re: Minimalist LDraw on floppy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 09:05:43 GMT

For the Mac version of ldglite, I was thinking of building in the unarchive code
(unarj) because of arj' obscurity in the Mac world, and then I thought, why not
just have it get parts as needed from the arj?

ldraw.exe is 988k, complete.exe is 1800k (ok, decimal k.) It would almost fit on
two floppies, if the program was not too big. Your internet retrieval idea is
excellent. It might be possible to make a half-set of compressed parts to get it
down to one floppy.

Then, I wonder if arj is really the best choice of compression?