 CAD / 3599
Re: Minimalist LDraw on floppy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 18:58:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse writes:
You might be able to fit it all on one floppy with a different compression
program.  And remember, ldraw.exe is not just parts files.

I kinda doubt it.  Arj packs files pretty tight.

However, a compressed distro on floppy still needs to be installed in order to
use it.  I'm thinking of something that can be run from the floppy, using a
live internet connection to a parts host, e.g. parts.ldraw.org or something
like that.

Cheers,
- jsproat