 CAD / 3598
Re: Minimalist LDraw on floppy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 17:04:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Lachmann wrote:

Also an automatic part-update would be possible, if we add a certain meta-
command to the parts which give it a version, so a program could look on the
internet for a list of part-versions, compare it with the loaded parts and
download newer or totaly new parts.

There is already a part-version comment in the L-CAD part files.  It's
the line in the header which says "Official LCad update".  This line
will have a release number on the end, such as "99-06".  If a file has
no "Official LCad update" line, the file is part of the original LDraw
distribution, and has not been updated since.

Steve