 CAD / 3600
Re: Minimalist LDraw on floppy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 19:01:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
The easy solution would be to unpack the whole parts
distribution somewhere on ldraw.org.

Just what I was thinking of.  :-,

I think there is even
conditional downloading built into the HTTP protocol.

Really?  Like conditional based on the timestamp?  That'd be cool -- though
just checking on the client end would require very little code as well.

Something slightly more advanced would be to create
compressed MPD files with parts on demand.

Yah, but not much more advanced.  It'd basically be buildmpd.exe wrapped
inside a CGI script.  It'd be especially easy if buildmpd.exe could be made to
deliver the MPD to stdout.

Cheers,
- jsproat