 CAD / 2598
    ledit questions —Brian Sauls
   As I was polishing up some of my houses for Datsville, putting backs on them, adding furniture, finishing roofs, outside details, etc, I wound up with a few questions: 1. I know of the 1000 piece limit. Are subfiles counted as one piece, or do the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: ledit questions —Bram Lambrecht
     (...) Subfiles are one piece. ASFAIK, that's the only solution to the 1000 piece limit (Make sure you save before you reach it). (...) Unfortunately, that's one of the limitations of LEdit. You could start another model, like you said, and then (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: ledit questions —John VanZwieten
      Brian Sauls <barbcue@nospam.home.com> wrote in message news:FHoBt4.8qD@lugnet.com... (...) LDrawList is a utility that counts the type, color, and number of parts, but it doesn't do subfiles, so you'd have to create an inlined version of your file (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: ledit questions —Travis Dickinson
     Actually, LdrawList will handle subfiles so you don't have to inline the model. LdrawList was able to be downloaded from the James Jessiman's Memorial site, but the link to Huw Millington's (the creator of LdrawList) site appears to be broken. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: ledit questions —Steve Bliss
     (...) Subfiles count as a single piece. Thankfully. :) (...) No, there isn't. You can use the Modeller in LDAO to do this. Open the modeller (if you haven't use the Modeller, it's likely LDraw will popup. Just close it). Using the mouse, locate and (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: ledit questions —Anders Isaksson
     Brian Sauls skrev i meddelandet ... (...) If I may say it, my BlockCAD drawing program is perfect for buildings. As long as all you want to do is place any number of pieces studs up, no fancy rotations, you can do it with BC. It's a free Windows (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: ledit questions —Brian Sauls
    <snip> (I know what it said--I wrote it) Thanks for all the input--it's nice to know about the rotation feature in Modeler, and I think I actually have BlockCad on my system--gotta check. Another question, if I may, that is probably answered in a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: ledit questions —Steve Bliss
   (...) Yep, inlining replaces the one line which refers to a subfile, with the contents of the subfile. But all the options from the subfile command, the rotations and the color and positioning, are applied to the lines being injected, so the model (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad)