 CAD / 17834
Re: LDraw.org 2011-01 Parts Update Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 2011 02:09:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Tim Gould wrote:

I'm afraid we are prioritising new users over those from the 1980s.
What with it being 2011 and all it seemed the right time ;)

Yes, why stay with obsolete methods that are 300-3000% more efficient for
reading text messages, why stay with 'one click reads everything' when we
can use the much more modern 'upmty-eleven clicks may find everything but
you will probably never know for sure', why use 'get it all and read at your
leisure' when we can have 'get one and hope you can find your way to the
next and the internet connection will stay up for your next click'?

I do share your frustration, but if the new, slower and much more inefficient
way to navigate through the forum threads really will attract new users, I will
not stand in its way. I'll give it some time and hope for improvements that will
hopefully make it almost as user-friends and easy to browse as LUGNET is.

(Btw, IMO Swebricks or whatever it is called is as user-hostile as the forum at
ldraw.org.)

/Tore