 CAD / 17830
Re: LDraw.org 2011-01 Parts Update Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 6 Aug 2011 16:04:04 GMT

I have a question about this latest parts update. Many of the new parts have
file names longer than 8 characters, and none of them will load into MLCad. They
just throw up "file not found" errors. (This is MLCad 3.30.) Is there something
I need to change / adjust / tweak / add somewhere to fix this?

And why am I posting this here and not in the new, "improved" LDraw forums? (a)
Because life is far too short to plough through conversations categorized to
death on the off-chance that I find something interesting -- let alone the time
taken to find my way back again if I dare to stop and read through a thread. (b)
Because I have no idea where to put my question. It fits under any of "General
Discussion", "Help", "Parts and Authoring" or "MLCad". (c) Because even if I did
find a suitable niche to file it in, there is only a small chance that the right
person will read it, and an even smaller chance that I will know if there is a
reply.

This is supposed to be a community, but the new forum will kill its ability to
act like one. It's like going to a party where everybody has been locked away 2
to a room!

--

Martin James