 CAD / 17253
  LDConfig_Alt.ldr

I have finally completed all of the custom edge colors for LDConfig_Alt.ldr: (URL) of the values of the colors have also been tweaked to (in my opinion) better match the color of the bricks. I would very much appreciate feedback on individual colors (...) (14 years ago, 2-Jul-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDConfig_Alt.ldr

(...) The LDConfig_Alt file has more realistic colors. To use it in MLCAD (version 3.3 or higher), you need to rename LDConfig.ldr to something like LDConfig_BlackEdges.ldr and rename LDConfig_Alt.ldr to LDConfig.ldr. MLCAD will read the file and (...) (14 years ago, 3-Jul-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDConfig_Alt.ldr

(...) Well, that depends on where you use it. In L3P, I think black is much better in your version, while lightgrey still looks white and green is maybe better but still way too bright. (URL) there any LDConfig optimized for L3P out there? Or is it (...) (14 years ago, 3-Jul-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDConfig_Alt.ldr

(...) I think you need to add some clouds to Datsville ;) Your light settings are very bright! I have just done some test renders that look decent. I agree that these colors may not be perfect for Pov-Ray rendering, because I'm not a rendering (...) (14 years ago, 6-Jul-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDConfig_Alt.ldr

(...) (After an almost two months break, I'm back in business again...) It's not "my" light settings, but L3P's automatic settings. I have tried to tweak them, but I experience extreme difficulties to find a way to make it work decently all over (...) (14 years ago, 27-Aug-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDConfig_Alt.ldr

(...) You can try to replicate the sun with just one bright light source that is very far away, but the light will not scatter the way it does on the surface of the Earth. That, and if you have ever tried to take a picture of LEGO outside on a very (...) (14 years ago, 29-Aug-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDConfig_Alt.ldr

(...) It's also a good idea to make all lights but one 'shadowless' so you don't have the spotlight effect of crossing shadows. I often put a shadowless light at the point of the camera, to make sure everything we see is reached by *some* light. (14 years ago, 29-Aug-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDConfig_Alt.ldr

(...) A little late, but thanks Anders. I found the real source of the the light problem, "hidden" in the include file named hills.pov. It contains three light sources that make Datsville flooded with light, even when I had all the lights in the (...) (14 years ago, 9-Dec-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDConfig_Alt.ldr

(...) So does LDConfig_Alt look any better now? (14 years ago, 12-Dec-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDConfig_Alt.ldr

(...) Too early to say. First, I have to work with the Datsville files a while. Every time I've been away for a while, it takes hours to straighten out exactly where I left it last time. /Tore (14 years ago, 12-Dec-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDConfig_Alt.ldr

(...) It sure does! Now that I finally have got it less flooded in light, maybe I've gone too far in the the darkness. Let's see where it all ends up after some more tweaking. But I must say this... (URL) very much better than this... (URL) all for (...) (13 years ago, 26-Dec-10, to lugnet.cad)