 CAD / 17331
Re: LDConfig_Alt.ldr
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 2010 17:27:59 GMT

(After an almost two months break, I'm back in business again...)

It's not "my" light settings, but L3P's automatic settings. I have tried to
tweak them, but I experience extreme difficulties to find a way to make it work
decently all over Datsville. Would you like to share some hints with me? I'd be
really thankful.

/Tore

You can try to replicate the sun with just one bright light source that is very
far away, but the light will not scatter the way it does on the surface of the
Earth.  That, and if you have ever tried to take a picture of LEGO outside on a
very sunny day, the plastic is very shinny and reflects too much of the light.
Very bright light washes out the color and causes colors to look dark were the
light does not directly hit.

I'm not a rendering expert, but you will probably want to remove the standard
light sources and add several more that are not very bright.  Lots of dim
ambient light will show off the deepness of the colors better than a single
bright light.

Scott