 CAD / 17265
Re: LDConfig_Alt.ldr
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:02:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
The LDConfig_Alt file has more realistic colors.

Well, that depends on where you use it. In L3P, I think black is much better in
your version, while lightgrey still looks white and green is maybe better but
still way too bright.

http://cid-7183b586c107b55b.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Datsville/LDConf%5E_Official%5E_2min54sec.jpg
http://cid-7183b586c107b55b.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Datsville/LDConf%5E_Scott%5E_W%5E_2min42sec.jpg
http://cid-7183b586c107b55b.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Datsville/LDConf%5E_Tore%5E_2min54sec.jpg
Is there any LDConfig optimized for L3P out there? Or is it the default light
settings I should tweak?

I think you need to add some clouds to Datsville ;)  Your light settings are
very bright!  I have just done some test renders that look decent.

I agree that these colors may not be perfect for Pov-Ray rendering, because I'm
not a rendering expert.  However, I would like a publicly shared ldconfig that
is tweaked for rendering, and as such, I would like everyone's input on this
file as a start to that.

I've also added two colors that are new to both LDConfig and LDConfig_Alt.

Which ones?

Medium_Dark_Flesh
Speckle_Black_Gold