 CAD / 17143
  Straightening Up the MPF Format

Maybe it's time to straighten up the MPD standard. In (URL) it says: "So far, there are no clear scoping or namespace rules on MPD files. If you put a file named stud.dat in your MPD file, don't be surprised to see your stud.dat file appear on the (...) (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Straightening Up the MPD Format

(...) I am not sure this is really necessary. The two "door.ldr" model must reside in different folders, so if you encode relative path in file name it should work (not tested with current tools though...) Philo (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Straightening Up the MPD Format

(...) I have been faced with this problem some time ago at my application MPDCenter. I had nearly the same idea but I decided to use "&&" to combine the files that should be in the same file because I do not expect any filename to contain "&&". (...) (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Straightening Up the MPF Format

(...) Please see here for the search strategie for referenced files: (URL) present your problem can only be solved by hand to give all files in the MPD file a unique name. I do not know any app so far that will assist you in that. So far I do not (...) (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Straightening Up the MPD Format

(...) At the very least it works in MLCAD. I frequently use this to keep parts and subparts in the same file while authoring (87751.dat and s\87751.dat within an MPD file for instance). -Santeri (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Straightening Up the MPD Format

(...) I just tried your kd-bi.mpd that you have exported from LeoCad. Is that pure export? I am asking because those "embedded" files lacks an important line "0 Name: xyz". And for that MPDCenter does not recognize that files. cu mikeheide (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Straightening Up the MPD Format  [DAT]

(...) No, current version doesn't support mpd (next one will). But compositing files were coming from LeoCAD. (...) Here below a sample MPD created with upcoming LeoCAD version. Please make comments here, I'll tell Leonardo. Philo 0 FILE Main_model (...) (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Straightening Up the MPD Format

(...) O NAME is not required for ordinary ldraw files, only official library parts. The only Meta command needed to assemble an mpd file is 0 FILE, so the mpd file from LeoCAD is fine as is. Don (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Straightening Up the MPD Format

(...) You might want to consider offering Philo's subdirectory approach as an alternative to name mangling. Model1.ldr Model1\File1.ldr Model1\File2.ldr Model2.ldr Model2\File1.ldr Model2\File2.ldr Will be combined into Model3.ldr Model1\File1.ldr (...) (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Straightening Up the MPF Format

(...) [snip] (...) Related although not the same. I like to use MPDWizard to make sure all part files I use are available in the same version I used (in case any unofficial parts are used) but this has the rather nasty side-effect that these part (...) (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  List / Poll of MPD Programs

Here is a list of programs I've found for PC (Win/DOS only) to handle/create/manipulate MPD files. (I have omitted all those viewers that just support reading MPD files at this stage.) * Which ones have I forgot? * Which one do you prefer/recommend, (...) (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Straightening Up the MPD Format

(...) Then the problem is at MPDCenter. 0 Name is a very good and recommended habit, but not currently required. But I have thought of using 0 Name to solve this problem. When exploding an MPD, the user may be prompted to either use the unique 0 (...) (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: List / Poll of MPD Programs

(...) You missed MLCad :) Added on: 30-Aug-2003 Downloads: 22479 Rating: 9.2 (11 Votes) ROSCO (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Straightening Up the MPD Format

(...) Subfoldering is not always a realistic option. Imagine you have 30 minifigs you wish to individually animate. They all have mfLeftArm.ldr and mfRightArm.ldr as submodels to mfTorso.ldr, and hands on each arm, and maybe tools in their hands. If (...) (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: List / Poll of MPD Programs

(...) Oh. But I thought of it. :) I wasn't sure if the user is able to save as MPD. Can it even split MPD's? /Tore (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Straightening Up the MPD Format

(...) I tend to view MPD's as something between ZIP archives (without compression though) and file directories. I guess my idea is not yet supported - at least not by very many utilities - but I wish to add new files into already existing MPD model (...) (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: List / Poll of MPD Programs

(...) I am not sure, but I think MLCad has introduced MPD files. To your question: Yes, it can split. Use Mulitpart - Export Models and all files in the mpd will be stored in separate files on the disk with their names. Or you can choose File - (...) (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Straightening Up the MPD Format

(...) As 0 NAME is not required the only possible way of identifying a parts name is the content in the 0 FILE entry. So I have now two ways to go. 1) Only take the 0 FILE entry 2) If there is no 0 NAME entry - create one on the fly at MPD loading. (...) (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Straightening Up the MPD Format

(...) If we ever get there to create an MPD standard, I would suggest way #2: Making 0 NAME compulsary in MPD-ed files. A good safety precaution would be to prompt user if 0 NAME data is present but doesn't match actual file name: * Rename file and (...) (14 years ago, 4-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad)