 CAD / 17152
Re: Straightening Up the MPF Format
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2010 15:26:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote:
Maybe it's time to straighten up the MPD standard. In
http://www.ldraw.org/Article47.html it says:
"So far, there are no clear scoping or namespace rules on MPD files. If you put
a file named stud.dat in your MPD file, don't be surprised to see your stud.dat
file appear on the top of every single brick in your scene." • [snip]
/Tore

Related although not the same. I like to use MPDWizard to make sure all part
files I use are available in the same version I used (in case any unofficial
parts are used) but this has the rather nasty side-effect that these part and
subpart files appear in the file list MLCad gives me and each part/subpart is
placed right after the file it is used in.
This means that you can end up with something like
file1.ldr
part1.dat
part2.dat
part3.dat
part4.dat
part5.dat
part6.dat
file2.ldr

Ideally it would be nice to not see those included files at all (which could
maybe be done by forcing users to use the ldr extension rather than the dat
extension and not displaying dat files in the mpd list). Alternatively they
could be sorted to always be at the end of the MPD list so I don't have to wade
through all the entries to find the file I need to work on.

Jetro