 CAD / 17161
Re: Straightening Up the MPD Format
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2010 20:05:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote:
Then the problem is at MPDCenter. 0 Name is a very good and recommended habit,
but not currently required.

But I have thought of using 0 Name to solve this problem. When exploding an MPD,
the user may be prompted to either use the unique 0 FILE names (optionally)
created by an MPD packaging program - or - to restore the original file names
stored in the 0 Name statement.

/Tore

As 0 NAME is not required the only possible way of identifying a parts name is
the content in the 0 FILE entry.
So I have now two ways to go.
1) Only take the 0 FILE entry
2) If there is no 0 NAME entry - create one on the fly at MPD loading.
I have to thought about that two possibilities.

cu
mikeheide

If we ever get there to create an MPD standard, I would suggest way #2: Making 0
NAME compulsary in MPD-ed files. A good safety precaution would be to prompt
user if 0 NAME data is present but doesn't match actual file name:
* Rename file and change references to it,
or
* Change 0 NAME data.
I guess with no 0 NAME data, the adding could be made completely silent and
automatic.
/Tore