 CAD / 1626
  Hose spreadsheet now available

After the flaming Ryan gave me in a previous post, I was finally motivated to get this thing in shape and make it available. You can find the zip file containing the Excel 5.0 workbook and instructions at (URL) hope the "learning curve" isn't too (...) (25 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hose spreadsheet now available

Hey, I wasn't flaming you it's just that various people have asked about it and I never saw responses, so I just figured.. I meant no offense. I'm goin to the site right now :) Ryan ***...*** REPLY SEPARATOR ***...*** (...) (25 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hose spreadsheet now available

(...) No offense taken. I've been procrastinating long enough. -John Van (25 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hose spreadsheet now available

Ok, I will need some help, because I've never used Excel the proper way :) I assume all I need to do is to enter in the x y z coordinates of the endpoints and the control points, but what are these points? Then after I put them in, what do I do? (...) (25 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hose spreadsheet now available

Did you read the readme file? (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hose spreadsheet now available

You mean in the spreadsheet itself? Yes but I still dont understand what the control points are. Are the endpoints going to be the first parts in the section of spherical parts, or is it going to be the more cylandrical parts. I'm sorry but I don't (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hose spreadsheet now available

(...) Thanks! Your worksheet was easy to use (for me, at least, after I installed Excel 97), but I'm not sure how accurate my hoses are. I made the two hoses I needed for my mech. They look nice, but they're probably the wrong length. Because I tore (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hose spreadsheet now available

(...) Disclaimer: I don't have Excel. So I can't use Johns toy. :-( Ryan, the control points are what you use to "bend" or "stretch" the hose. Moving the control points draws the hose along with it. The original bezier curve generator used two (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

No, I mean the hsreadme.txt that was included in the zip file. I'd rather you try to make a hose based on those instructions so that I can see if more/different explaination is neccessary. -John Van SCOTT R DENNETT wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hose spreadsheet now available

Cell E-58 contains an estimate of the total length of the curve. It should be between about 120 and 150. When I make hoses, I keep a few bricks, plates, 1x1 brick w/ headlight, 1x1 plate with horizontal studs, etc and a hose so I have a good model (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hose spreadsheet now available

I didn't get one. I'll try re-downloading to see if that works Ryan ***...*** REPLY SEPARATOR ***...*** (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hose spreadsheet now available

Nope. I still didn't get it. Are you sure it was included in the zip? Did nayone else who downloaded it get the readme file?? All I got was: hoser.txt and hoser.xls Ryan ***...*** REPLY SEPARATOR ***...*** (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hose spreadsheet now available

Sorry about that. I'll try to get the correct zip file up today. In the meantime, here's the text: "Hoser" is an Excel 5.0 workbook which can be used to create flexible hoses for use in Ldraw. To use Hoser, you will need to know the end point (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hose spreadsheet now available

Thanks. I'll try playing around with it a little. Ryan ***...*** REPLY SEPARATOR ***...*** (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hose spreadsheet now available

OK, it looks like I would be able to make a basic hose, but it will take time to learn the control point thing. One thing that I find frustrating is that you have to edit the dat file by deleting a bunch of spaces before you can put it in Ledit. (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hose spreadsheet now available

(...) On my machine, LDLite will render the hose correctly without me removing the extra spaces/tabs. You can also do a find and replace to replace tabs with spaces in your text editor. In Editpad, replace '\t' with ' '. I hope that helps! --Bram (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hose spreadsheet now available

If you open the file in LDAO's editor, select all the lines with extra spaces, from the Edit menu select Move Exact, type in 1 for the x move, and hit enter. This will remove all extra spaces, and move the first line's x-coordinate by 1. You can (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)