 CAD / 1638
Re: Hose spreadsheet now available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 07:28:00 GMT

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 02:55:39 GMT, "SCOTT R  DENNETT" <dennett@agate.net> wrote:

You mean in the spreadsheet itself? Yes but I still dont understand
what the control points are. Are the endpoints going to be the first parts
in the section of spherical parts, or is it going to be the more=
cylandrical
parts. I'm sorry but I don't know what the part #'s are right now. I think=
I can
figure out how to do the endpoints if I know which piece it is going to be,=
but
it is the control points that I don't understand. Does that help?? Then how=
do
I get it to change the coordinates down below?
Ryan

Disclaimer: I don't have Excel.  So I can't use Johns toy.  :-(

Ryan, the control points are what you use to "bend" or "stretch" the hose.
Moving the control points draws the hose along with it.
The original bezier curve generator used two control points, as well as two
endpoints (the ends for the hose).  I made step by step instructions for how to
use that program, and I suspect that the principles are probably similar in
Johns spreadsheet.
It _might_ help you if you try to use that original system.  That will at least
give you an understanding of the principles involved, and some sense of what to
expect with the spreadsheet.  Once you have a grasp of it, you could then apply
that knowledge to the spreadsheet to make a great hose.

-- Terry K --