 CAD / 12960
Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:51:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Stefan Garcia wrote:

That is an interesting idea. For BrickSpace, the game mod I’m making, it crossed my mind briefly that people might be able to use a special parts library to create easily importable models for the game. Sort of along the same lines as what you’re saying, though to a more refined degree. I wouldn’t know how to implement it, and I’m not sure it would even be worth it, considering the kinds of optimisations I had to make on my custom models.

-Stefan-

IIRC someone did do a mod to Simcity that turned the buildings into LEGO ones. I remember that simcity came with its own building designer, but IIRC these were somehow imported from LDraw.

(I’m NOT a techie guy, and you know that, so forget about asking me for techie details. YCLIU.)

Legoswami