 CAD / 12527
Re: Some comments on the LPub 2.2.0.9 beta
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:03:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Andreas Maier wrote:
I would like it even better if MLCAD was honoring a LPub
meta command in the model that defines the camera
position and orientation.  After all, it is a model
thing and not an installation wide thing.

We agree that MLCad.ini is a good thing to get information from, as
long as we know that that is happening.

I haven't been able to keep up with this whole discussion, (sorry)
but one thing struck me.

Once upon a time we tried to put this sort of global config stuff in
the generic ldraw.ini file instead an app specific file like mlcad.ini.
Here's an old disscusion of the [Views] section of ldraw.ini file.

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/mlcad/?n=1064

I'd consider saving the path to lsynth and lpub in the [Ldraw] section
of ldraw.ini.  Put view matrices in the [View] section and consider
making new sections for [Lsynth] and [Lpub] specific settings.  That
way other apps like LDDP can find the settings (and any new config
files) lsynth or lpub might need nowadays.

Just a thought,

Don