 CAD / 12526
Re: Some comments on the LPub 2.2.0.9 beta
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:54:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Andreas Maier wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Andreas Maier wrote:

I am currently working on an MPD file that uses all the layout meta-commands,
this was recommended by a wise (and probably frustrated) LPub user.

I'm about 85% done fixing the bugs this process uncovers.

There are so many other issues I have with LPub besides the GUI.  LPub is rather
user hostile, in that it just blindly does what you tell it.  It is extermely
weak in handling catostrphic situations.  It is extremely weak at meta-command
parsing, and provides no help or warnings when you might have syntax problems.

For example, your STEP/ROTSTEP issue.  It should either silently do the right
thing, and allow your mistake, or it should tell you that you made the mistake.
Right now it does neither.

I would love to cleave the processing intelligence from the GUI, so that the
intellectual concepts could be moved from platform to platform with relative
ease.  At this point, *all* the processing is done without regards to the actual
physical display in which you view the GUI.

LPub is suffering from a lot of growing pains.

Kevin