 CAD / 10945
Re: *** LDView Version 2.1 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:43:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
* Fixed command line parsing to properly handle quotes around a filename
   specified as part of an option.

superhint for all the absolute command line beginners out there (from an
absolute beginner). the syntax for the -SaveSnapshot command is:

-"SaveSnapshot=c:\...blanks...\xxxx.bmp(png)"

I'm pretty sure the above won't work.  The point listed was put in the change
history because I fixed it such that is should now accept either of the
following:

-SaveSnapshot="C:\...blanks...\xxx.bmp(png)"
"-SaveSnapshot=C:\...blanks...\xxx.bmp(png)"

As you (Willy) noticed, the first form didn't work before.  However while I
won't rule it out entirely, I will be surprised if the quotes after the dash
work.  What I can say is that the only spaces allowed in the option are the ones
in the filename itself, and if they exist, they require the quotes to be
present.

UUUUUPS!!! big, huge, enormous, gigantic typo! what I tried to say was

"-SaveSnapshot=C:\...blanks...\xxx.bmp(png)"

BTW setting the quotes blanks work also fine in the path name. there are no
problems with a command like this:

"-SaveSnapshot=C:\My parts\spaceship in orbit.bmp"

w.